Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My December Birchbox!

Happy Hump Day everybody! I'm sorry this post is so late in the day...it's been crazy this week getting ready for Christmas!! I really wanted to get this post out tonight, because by the time I post next, it won't be December anymore! I'm out the rest of the week; tomorrow night is The Killers concert and Friday night is The Bullycide Project Christmas party! Cannot wait! I might post a few short posts if I get something beauty-related for Christmas, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Now for my December Birchbox! What did I get??

Here's how it looked when I opened it:


I do love the way they put their packages together...super cute!

I received:

Amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask


Yet another hair mask...I have yet to try it. However, this particular one is interesting to me and I'm actually really excited to try it. I have never heard of Obliphica oil before and apparently it's filled with natural vitamins and omega acids. Another thing that I really like is that you can use this as a weekly treatment OR everyday as a deep conditioner. I feel like you're really getting your moneys worth if you can use it as much as you want! Speaking of money, the absolute best thing about this product is the price! Definitely can't wait to try this.
AVAILABLE AT: Amika's website
Only $12 for 60ml and $40 for 500ml...I received 20ml

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream 




Blended in on the left

I was super excited to see this in my box! CC Creams are the new thing (CC = Complexion Correction). Basically, they offer more anti-aging benefits than a BB Cream does, while giving you a formula that looks more like a foundation, but is still very light. The size of the tube is laughable (teeny tiny!) and the bottle is like half-full. Ugh. The shade they gave me is Warm Glow and blends in pretty well! I haven't tried this on my face yet, but just here on my hand you can tell that it brightens up the surface of your skin. Excited to try this as well! There's lot's to explain so go ahead and check out their website!
AVAILABLE AT: Ulta, Whole Foods, or here
$39 for 1.7 oz

Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture 


I love basically all of Juicy's fragrances and like to keep this little sample in my purse but I just think this is lame to include in a Birchbox. I could go up to any fragrance counter at any department store and they would give me this exact same thing for free. Ok enough complaining. I love how loud and bold Juicy Couture's fragrances are! This one has top notes of watermelon, passion fruit, and mandarin combined with middle notes of marigold and green apple, and finally rose, vanilla, and caramel undertones. Definitely a great gift for someone special! I suggest that friend of yours who is trendy and would try anything.
AVAILABLE AT: Department stores or here
Prices range from $19-89 depending on what size you get

ModelCo Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in Strip Tease


There's my phone case in the reflection!


Lord knows I don't need anymore lip gloss, but I can't blame Birchbox for not knowing that. I would be more excited about this if it were a different color. As you can see, Strip Tease is...completely sheer. (I see what they did there!!) It will be nice to wear over a lipstick, and the mirror on the side is cool, but I won't be carrying this gloss around enough to even use the mirror. This is a full-size product though, so thanks Birchbox!
AVAILABLE AT: ModelCo's website
$16 for the size you see in my photo (Not worth the money in my opinion)

Emily's Chocolates Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Fortunes

This was my "Lifestyle Extra" that they include in every box. It's a cute idea, but I unfortunately hate dark chocolate so I won't be trying this. I can't really offer you a review, but I do think they would be great for a New Years Eve party! Their other flavors include, White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread, and Milk Chocolate. They're filled with festive messages, so it could be a great way to start off the new year!
AVAILABLE AT: Their website
$5.99 for package of six cookies

And finally the item that made me LOVE December's Box...

A $50 gift card to Rent the Runway!!!


If you've never heard of Rent the Runway, get on over to their site RIGHT NOW and check it out! You can rent most dresses for $75 so this gift card will be paying for most of my order! Perfect for NYE or an upcoming wedding that I'm attending. Thanks Birchbox!

ipsy vs. Birchbox for the month of December: IT'S A TIE!
Ipsy gave me four full-size products, but Birchbox gave me the gift card, so they are both winners!

That about wraps it up! Have a great holiday and a Happy New Year!!!
xo
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to your posts I am now subscribed to ipsy and waiting for me birch box invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that!! You won't be disappointed!

      Delete