Monday, December 17, 2012

Two Essential Products For My Beauty Routine

Hello everyone!! I'm so sorry for not posting on Friday, but when I heard of the news in Connecticut, I didn't feel that it was appropriate. I am still in shock about what happened, and I think of those precious little kids every single day. I'll be sharing some links to articles that I find interesting concerning mental health and gun control, and why I think we need to seriously work on both issues!!

But first, I wanted to share with you two products that are absolutely essential for me in my morning beauty routine! With my new job I have to wake up around 5:15 every morning, and it's very important to me to have something that wakes me up, and speeds up my getting-ready time. Let's find out what they are!

Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub 


Words cannot express how much I love this product. I use it in the shower about twice a week...on the back of the bottle it says you can use it everyday, but I just don't think that would be best for my skin; it depends on the person! When I first tried it, I just expected it to be a regular exfoliating scrub...I didn't know how my face would feel afterwards. As you're rubbing this into your skin, your whole face starts to tingle and there's this crazy cooling sensation. It's almost like you're rubbing toothpaste all over your face. Weird, I know, but IT FEELS AMAZING!! It instantly gives me that wake-up call that I need, and I feel like my skin is seriously being purged of all that awfulness. I'm not joking when I say that you HAVE to try this. You'll be buying it again and again.
MY GRADE: A++
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores for around $5-6

Turbie Twist Super-Absorbent Hair Towel


Love love love these! My mom first got me one of these because she thought it looked cute, and I have been using them ever since! I'm about to sound like an infomercial, but don't you just hate it when you have a huge towel on your head after the shower, and it keeps slipping off? Introducing, the Turbie Twist! You can kind of see the diagram on the box: basically you put it over your head so that the side with the elastic strap is at the back, then wrap and twist your hair into the long hood part, and finally pull it back and stick it through the elastic hoop. So easy and so much better than that huge towel! It is insanely absorbent, so it takes me less time to dry my hair which means healthier hair and a faster morning routine! So so great. It's also machine-washable so you can stick it right with your laundry, just like you would with a towel. They also come in super cute colors and different prints. I think these would make the perfect stocking stuffer!
MY GRADE: A++
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores for around $6-7

That about sums it up for the Beauty portion so now I want to introduce these articles that I was talking about earlier. We have had way too many shootings lately, and every time something like this happens, the same argument arises: Mental Health vs. Gun Control. I don't even want to get into it, but just know that I feel that BOTH are necessary for this epidemic to change.

Here is the article exploring mental health and options for someone who is mentally ill. It's extremely interesting, heartbreaking, but above all, scary. Read it here.

This article about gun control and why it is so insanely needed at this point in our society, is also extremely interesting. I love this quote from it: "American schoolchildren are protected by building codes that govern stairways and windows. School buses must meet safety standards, and the bus drivers have to pass tests. Cafeteria food is regulated for safety. The only things we seem lax about are the things most likely to kill." Read it here.

Please know that I am not trying to force my opinion on anyone! I do feel strongly about this matter however, and I think we all know that our country needs a serious change.

I'll end with a quote from President Obama on the day of the shooting:  
"The majority of those who died today were children — beautiful, little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them — birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own. Among the fallen were also teachers, men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams."

Hold your loved ones tight and be grateful for everything and everyone that you have.

Love you all,
Elizabeth 




No comments:

Post a Comment