Monday, January 7, 2013

My Christmas/Sephora Haul!!

Hello everybody!! I hope that today was a great start to everyones week! I'm in an unusually good mood for a Monday...it's amazing what a little sunshine can do!

Today I'm super excited to share with you some beauty-related items that I got for Christmas! This post has kind of been delayed because one of my gifts was a gift card to Sephora, so I wanted to wait until I had used my gift card so that I could talk about everything all at once! I'll be reviewing one of my gifts for you today. : )

What did I get??

Christmas:

e.l.f Beauty-On-The-Go Set


I received this from my boyfriend's wonderful parents! I had seen this on the e.l.f website before, and thought it was a really cool concept, so I was so excited to receive this! This comes with the two makeup palettes shown on the packaging (20 eyeshadows, 4 lipglosses, 1 bronzer, 1 blush) and an empty compact that you can snap the palette into to take with you! This is so convenient, and I really love their products! Still working on reviewing this one for you guys!

e.l.f Brush Collection 10 Piece Brush Set

If you're just starting to get into using makeup brushes to do your makeup with, instead of the eyeshadow applicators that usually come inside a compact, then e.l.f brushes are an affordable way to start. I absolutely LOVE their eyeshadow brush, eyeliner brush, and their total face brush. They are super soft, don't shed and are the perfect size and shape. These brushes are only $3 individually...pretty crazy right??
Both sets can be found here.

Sephora:


I haven't even used these products yet, but I just wanted to give you a sneak peek on some things that I'll be reviewing very soon!! I bought:

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette
Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette
Benefit Primping with the Stars Set (All Time Greatest "Fake-Its" Kit)
2 Sephora Doe Eyed Felt Eyeliners

Super excited to try this stuff out and review it for you!

Now for the Christmas present I'll be reviewing for you today...

LUSH Winter Wishes Gift Set

I'm dumb and forgot to take pictures of this before I started using it, so all pictures are from Lush's website!

Lushusa.com

This set includes:
100 ml Ponche Shower Gel
100 g Snow Globe Soap
30 g Each Peach mini Massage Bar
100 g Sugar Scrub

Ponche Shower Gel

Lushusa.com
Ok I'm just now realizing this scent was Limited Edition! I'll still review it for you, because I absolutely love the smell and the ingredients/company. Ponche was inspired by traditional Mexican Christmas punch...this scent contains freshly squeezed orange juice, plum and cinnamon infusions, and tequila...yes tequila is actually listed as an ingredient!! It all adds up to be a loud, fruity fragrance that really wakes me up in the morning. This shower gel is completely vegan, and handmade with fresh ingredients. Even though this scent is sold out, there are a ton of other fun ones for you to try like It's Raining Men, or Flying Fox. Bottles of their shower gel range from 9.95 for the smallest, and $28.95 for the largest size. A little pricey, but you're really getting something that you can't find anywhere else.

Snow Globe Soap
Lushusa.com
I haven't tried the soap yet, but the smell is absolutely AMAZING. This soap contains:
Grapefruit, lemon, and lemongrass oils to brighten up those winter days
Ylang ylang oil to relax and calm you
All of Lush's soaps are made by hand and poured into moulds... the pieces aren't actually in packages in the store. They are sitting on a shelf in a variety of sizes...the size of the piece of soap you pick determines how much it will cost. This allows for less overall packaging...isn't that cool?? There are TONS of fun options...you'll never find soap boring again! This particular scent is $7.95 for 3.5 oz (a regular bar of Dial soap is 4 oz).

Each Peach Massage Bar
Lushusa.com
This particular product is one of Lush's bestsellers and I can easily see why. It is the softest thing I have ever felt on my skin! You glide this directly over dry skin, so you're basically using it as a form of moisturizer. This would be perfect for after you shave your legs, especially in these winter months where skin can get dry. This bar contains:
Avocado and mango kernel butters mixed with cocoa and shea butter base
Lime, mandarin, and orange essential oils to lift your mood
Even just using this as a way to de-stress would be perfect: have someone rub this into your skin while giving you a back massage...sounds heavenly to me!! This product is $10.95 for 2.2 oz.

Sugar Scrub

Lushusa.com
I have never tried a sugar scrub before so I was very excited to try this!! This product is meant to diminish cellulite and unwanted bumps on your skin. This sugar scrub contains:
Powdered ginger to stimulate circulation and warm your skin
Fair Trade sugar to buff away dead skin and leave you glowing
Calming lavender to promote healthier skin
This definitely feels rough on your skin, and you kind of have to get used to it, but wow it really did diminish some of those gross little bumps!! WARNING: Do not let the ball of sugar scrub get under the running water!! I failed to pay attention to this direction, and now my sugar scrub is a gross, ruined lump. Sighhhh. I'm definitely going out and buying another one, because this is a product to keep using! This product is $6.25 for 3.5 oz (and also package-free).

That sums up my gift set!! Bottom line: I LOVE LUSH!! I just think their products are so cool and unique and the thought of using all of those natural products on my skin somehow makes me feel healthier. This is just not something you're going to find at the drugstore or Target, and that alone justifies the prices for me. They have a TON of other products (even makeup!) so check them out here.

The Justice section of this post should be obvious: LUSH! They are doing a ton of stuff to help our world, communities and environment. This post is already long, so I'll direct you here so that you can read up on them, and learn how you can support!

This was a fun post...I hope you enjoyed it!!

Until tomorrow,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment