Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two MUST HAVES For Face and Eyes!

Hello everybody!! We are SO close to Friday!! I was just thinking today how looong next week will feel for those of us with full-time jobs...first full week back at work! But we'll push through won't we? I love writing this blog, because it's such a nice escape for me after a long day, and I hope it is for you as well!

Today I wanted to talk about two of my MUST HAVE products that I've been wanting to share with you for awhile. I only label something a "must have" when I absolutely love the product and feel that it is essential to my beauty routine. Let's get started!

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny





I use this bronzer every. single. day. Don't get me wrong, I love higher end bronzers like Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, and NARS Laguna, but I come back to this one every time. A lot of drugstore bronzers out there have glitter in it, but this one is completely matte and such a perfect shade (for me, anyway). It also is extremely versatile; you can dust this lightly all over your face with a big fluffy brush for a healthy glow, or you can use it for contouring purposes. You can really get the pigmentation as strong or light as you want. I've had this for months now and have yet to hit pan...a little goes a long way! You won't believe how much it costs...
MY GRADE: A++
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores for ONLY $2.99!!!
Go out and buy yourself as many as you want ; )

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


This stuff rocks you guys!! I'm a little obsessive about getting every single stitch of makeup off of my eyes before I go to bed, and this stuff does the job right. I usually douse a cotton ball and clean off my entire lid and mascara, and then dip a Q-tip into this remover to use on the little nooks and crannies. This formula is oil-free and fragrance free and I have had absolutely no issues with irritation. I get some in my eyes all the time and it doesn't burn or hurt at all. Getting all your makeup off before you go to sleep is essential for the health of your skin and this product does wonders!!
MY GRADE: A++
AVAILABLE AT: Any Estee Lauder counter in department stores or here.
PRICE: $18

Now for some Justice...

Have you ever had a sibling, child, niece, nephew, or cousin stay home from school with a headache or a stomachache? Maybe they were just playing hooky, or maybe there is actually something going on at school that they don't know how to deal with. More and more students are being sent to the doctor or hospital with these symptoms, and doctors are being continually stumped after not finding anything wrong with the patient. But maybe they just aren't asking the right questions. Dr. Marlene Seltzer, of Beaumont Hospital located in Troy, MI, is starting to ask those questions. She has started an organization through the Beaumont Children's hospital called NoBLE (No Bullying Live Empowered) which provides support for bullied children and their families. Read all about it here. The Bullycide Project recently teamed up with Dr. Seltzer to create a Public Service Announcement to get the message across to doctors that they need to start asking questions about bullying or problems at school. The PSA can be seen on your right (that's me at 0:15!!). We cannot say enough how much we support Dr. Seltzer and everything she is doing with NoBLE. It is people like her that will have a hand in stopping this horrible epidemic.

That is all for today folks! Don't forget to follow my blog by clicking the "Join this site" button at the top right-hand side of the page! I would really appreciate it!

Until tomorrow,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment