Monday, January 21, 2013

My January "Best Year Ever" Birchbox!!

Hellooooo everybody!! First of all, I wanted to apologize for my mini-hiatus!! My older brother was in town before moving to Vermont yesterday morning, and I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible. Things will return to normal this week...I promise!!

What better way to start off a week than by talking about my January Birchbox?? I know I definitely need a pick-me-up on this freezing winter day, so let's get started!

Here's how it looked when I opened it:



What was inside??

Harvey Prince Skinny Chic Perfume



First off, how cute is this packaging? I had never heard of Harvey Prince or this fragrance, so I was very excited to find out more. The company was started by two brothers who made an original perfume for their mother called Ageless. Every single perfume they make has it's own spirit and story. Ageless is a scent that defies age, whereas Skinny Chic (pictured above) is energizing and zesty.
Here's what the website says about it: "For the trendy woman on the go, Skinny Chic will keep your energy up and your cravings down. With inviting notes of crisp green apple, sweet mint, and gentle lotus blossom, this light, aromatic mix will exude confidence and turn heads." I wore it at work today, and although it didn't really keep my cravings at bay (nothing ever would) it definitely kept me energized and lasted for most of the day!! I absolutely LOVE this scent...it really does smell like a fresh, crisp apple. I'm majorly tempted to buy the roller-ball size to keep in my purse.
MY GRADE: A-
AVAILABLE AT: Their website (They have a ton more fun fragrances like Eau Flirt and Eau Fling) 
PRICE: Ranges from $21-55
Notes: Green Apple, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Marine Mint, Lotus Blossom, Fennel, White Cedarwood, Warm Amber, Iris

LASHEM Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum



 I had also never heard of this brand or tried a product like this. I am a little wary about trying this product, because my eyes can be a little sensitive...but I'm sure my curiosity will win! This product gives you longer and lusher lashes. This formula is a little different than most, because it continues working long after application...it permanently infuses your lashes with potent active ingredients. A blend of soothing actives gets rid of irritation, and all-natural green tea, cucumber, goji berry and grape-seed extracts keep lashes glossy and healthy. This is also a double-patented formula which makes me feel a lot better! You can also use this on your eyebrows!
AVAILABLE AT: Their website
PRICE: A whopping $69.99 for 3.5 ml
Granted, that amount would probably last you for a very long time, but this will have to be a miracle product for me to purchase it!

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo

Yet another brand that I had never heard of! This shampoo restores health and shine to our over-worked strands. It is packed with a ton of vitamins and antioxidants:
-Black currant and soy restore vibrancy
-Acai berry and vitamin C deliver youth-boosting antioxidants
-Oolong tea and Irish moss defend against environmental damage
-Lemongrass and oatmeal gently cleanse and purify
This shampoo is also vegan friendly and free from sulfate/sodium chloride and parabens. I used it this morning, and unfortunately my hair feels dry...which I think is the opposite of how it's supposed to feel. The formula is very thick so I was afraid to use too much, but maybe I didn't use enough. I will keep testing it! The smell is very nice: it's scented with white freesia, golden amber, and warm musk.
AVAILABLE AT: Their website
PRICE: $32 for 250 ml (I received 52 ml)

theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama Blush



I absolutely LOVE theBalm and have heard their blushes are to die for, so I was insanely excited to receive this in my box! I thought for sure this would be the one full-size product...sadly, not the case. This is teeeeny tiny, but still cute I guess. This shade combines subtle color with light-reflecting silica particles, to give you that peaches n' cream glow that every girl wants. You can wear this on your cheeks, your lids, or anywhere else that you would want a shimmery glow. I'm almost positive that I will love this and will end up buying the big version. theBalm always wins me over with their insanely cute packaging and quality products!!
AVAILABLE AT: Sephora, or here
PRICE: $20 for 7.08 grams (I received 1.0 grams. Sighhh)

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream


I have heard of Fresh before and tried and loved their Sugar Lip Treatments (seriously. check em out) so I was excited to see these samples in my box. This is also a brand new product from Fresh so it's cool that I can try it out without having to buy it. This brand-new moisturizer is made with a blend of seven actives to prevent and treat all the signs of skin aging while keeping skin moisturized day and night. 
-Lotus Flower extracts and blue-green algae firm skin and prevent wrinkles
-Hibiscus fruit extract hydrates skin from the inside out 
-Fig fruit extract helps skin retain moisture
-Vitamins C and E are powerful antioxidants
-Vegetable glycerol creates a natural moisture barrier on skin 
Sounds pretty promising right? I am definitely excited to try this!! 
AVAILABLE AT: Sephora, or here 
PRICE: $42 for 50 ml (I received 6 ml total)  

That was it for the samples, and then Birchbox also included this booklet on 25 ways to maximize your happiness this year, and the products you can use to achieve it. I thought it was cute:

Overall, I was happy with the samples I received this month. I love trying things from brands that I've never heard of, and I feel that everything in my box is extremely functional and something I will actually use. The only thing I'm frustrated about (yet again) is that there were ZERO full-size products in my box! Normally I wouldn't care, but compared to ipsy, there's really no excuse.

Now for some Justice...

I realized I talk about The Bullycide Project a lot, but never really explain what it's about! The Bullycide Project is based on the book Bullycide in America, compiled by Brenda High and written by mothers who have lost a child to suicide due to excessive bullying. The Project tells the true stories of ten individuals who committed bullycide, as well as personal stories of members in our cast on subjects ranging from isolation to cutting. We perform for grades 6-12 and have performed in: -over 40 school districts in the state of Michigan
-Las Vegas, Texas, Minnesota, Georgia
-Canada
We've been on CNN, CBS: 48 Hours, and we now have a brand new trailer out! I'm sharing it with you here; it really encompasses everything we do and what we're about. This production has completely changed my life, along with the thousands of people who have seen and experienced it. Enjoy, and SEE IT, HEAR IT, STOP IT!!


Until tomorrow,
Elizabeth 









No comments:

Post a Comment