Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perfect Red Lips - A MUST HAVE Product!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! I cannot believe it is 2013 already! Time surely does fly, and ugh I do not want to go back to reality/work tomorrow. I know all of you probably feel my pain, but this blog post will make us feel much better. I have a brand new product from L'Oreal Paris to share with you that I am INSANELY excited about! I'll be comparing it to my Be a...Bombshell lipgloss that I received in my ipsy December bag. Let's get started!

Introducing...

L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain


Sorry for the messy application!





These are a brand new product for L'Oreal as part of their huge Spring 2013 launch. These have been hugely anticipated for months now, because people are saying that they are dupes for the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain which run $32 a pop. Read about those here. The applicator even looks the same! The L'Oreal stains are being described as "a stain that thinks it's a gloss" and I couldn't describe it better myself! These babies are packed with 30% water and you can seriously feel it! It's an insanely wet formula, which makes the application a little tricky, but boy it's worth it. You can feel that it's like a stain on your lips, but as you can see from the pictures it still stays glossy and shiny. They're saying it stays put for up to 6 hours and they weren't joking! I wore this for a holiday party where I was eating pizza and drinking beverages and it did not budge! These also have Omega 3, Vitamin E, and Argan Oil. I mean what more could you ask for in a lip product?? The shade I'm showing is called Endless Red and I absolutely cannot wait to buy more shades!! This isn't a Limited Edition product, this is becoming a permanent product for the L'Oreal brand...this is definitely now a staple lip product for me and a MUST HAVE!!
MY GRADE: A++++
AVAILABLE AT: Target, drugstores for around $7-8 (much better than $32)
12 SHADES

Compared to...

Be a Bombshell Lipgloss in Hot Mess




This was the lipgloss that I received in my ipsy December bag. Read about that post here. I wore this last night for the NYE celebration, and was a little underwhelmed by it's performance. I had never heard of this brand before so I was excited to try it. I put about 2 coats of this on my lips, and as you can see, the application is extremely spotty. The color is definitely pigmented, but the formula is thin and just overall not so great. The staying power was not up to par either. After trying the new L'Oreal product, this just does not compare especially considering the price. I will not be purchasing any more of these glosses!
MY GRADE: C+
AVAILABLE AT: Be a Bombshell's website for $14
7 SHADES

Now for some Justice...

I just heard today about a new thing Lady Gaga is doing to combat depression and bullying. Members of The Bullycide Project and I love her and everything she has done with the Born This Way Foundation. I'm a little torn about her newest venture. Read the article here. I think it's great that she is taking mental health seriously, especially with the younger generation, but what happens when they walk away? What kind of follow-up help can she possibly offer to her thousands of fans? Perhaps that's where The BTW Foundation comes in. We'll have to see how this develops, but I think she's definitely on the right track! What do you think about what she's doing? Let me know in the comments!

I have SO many blog posts planned so stay tuned! There are a ton of new drugstore products coming out for 2013, and I've already bought a few to try out and review for you! I'll also be doing a Christmas/Sephora haul along with many more reviews! I'm so excited and I hope you are too.

Until tomorrow,
Elizabeth

7 comments:

  1. I saw the l'oreal lip stain today and was super sad I didn't get it but definitely will now after reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are insanely high quality for a super cheap price!! I seriously want every shade : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! Will be testing shortly. :) I really love this blog!

      Delete
  3. Yay! What shade(s) did you get? And thanks so much! Let me know if there's something you would want to see reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got endless red as I was in the market for a new red. :) I love it! It lasted the entire night Saturday at a party and off my bfs face which other lipsticks leave a tell. I also got the nude which I have yet to try but I'll let you know!

      Delete
  4. Also, I cannot live without my smashbox photo finish. I was wondering if this was a product you have used and also had success with. Keep up the great blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet tried that product! Right now I'm currently obsessed with my Mirabella Face and Eye Primer that I got in my ipsy December bag. Once that runs out I'll have to check out Smashbox...I've heard good things!

      Delete