Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Samples, Samples, Samples!!

Happy Hump Day everybody!! For some reason, I am insanely tired today, so I am very grateful that the week is half over! It's going by way faster than I thought it would...thank goodness!

Today I have reviews of even more samples that I've been trying over the past few weeks. I've got some nice variety for you: a lotion, face wash, razor, and hair mask. Let's get started!!

Jergens Daily Moisture Dry Skin Moisturizer (New!) 




 I thought that the winter season was the perfect time to try this lotion that I received in my Allure Holiday Beauty Box. I am so glad that I did...I really love this lotion! As you can see on the bottle, this formula is enriched with silk proteins and a citrus extract blend of lemon, grapefruit, and pineapple juices. It really does feel silky on your skin and has a very smooth and creamy texture. I definitely feel like it keeps my skin moisturized throughout the day and you can actually feel the moisture getting into your skin. If you're looking for a standard lotion to save your skin during these awful winter months, I would pick up a bottle of this! This also comes in a fragrance free option!
MY GRADE: A
AVAILABLE AT: Target, drugstores for around $6-7

Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser


This sample came from my Birthday Girl gift set that I bought myself for my birthday (I know, I know). Overall, I'm not super impressed with this cleanser, especially considering the price. This product is formulated to cleanse, tone, and melt away all face and eye makeup in one step...while also hydrating your skin. Well it definitely took all my makeup off, but if they call this hydrating then they're crazy! My face was so insanely dry after using this...my skin was so tight and just ugh! I absolutely cannot stand it when my face feels/looks dry, so I was immediately turned off to this cleanser. I will not be purchasing a full-size bottle.
MY GRADE: C
AVAILABLE AT: Sephora, or here
Prices range from $10-$50 depending on what size you get...SO not worth it!!

Schick Hydro Silk Razor 





 I received this (obviously) full-size sample from the sample bag I was given from Ulta for Cyber Monday. Razors are kind of on the pricey side, so I was excited to try one before spending money on it! Welp, my experience with this was a big ole "mehhhhh". It's one of those razors with "Water-Activating Serum" and I'm one of those people that need a little bit more moisture than that. I tried to use it with just a little bit of shaving cream because I'm paranoid about cutting myself, and it got completely clogged up and was basically useless. I do like the handle on this, and my legs did feel smooth afterwards...but they always do after you shave. I'm a shaving cream kinda gal, and I'm staying that way! I know a lot of people like this type of razor though, so it might be worth it for you to check out!
MY GRADE: B-
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores for around $10-11

Amika Nourishing Mask 


I received this sample in my latest Birchbox. I was really excited to use it, because this is a hair mask that you can use everyday as a conditioner...which I did! Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything remarkably different about my hair even after three days of using this. The smell is AMAZING and my hair definitely felt thicker, but I think it's supposed to do more than just that. It's just not something I can see myself regularly using. Boo.
MY GRADE: C+
AVAILABLE AT: Their website
$40 for 500 ml

So overall this round of samples was an absolute bust!! The only thing I can confidently recommend is the lotion...but I guess one is better than none!

Now for some Justice...

One of the best forms of Justice is getting a high-end item for a great, low price. Don't you ever just drool over the Target + Guest Designer collections? Well beauty items are starting to become more popular than high fashion in the consumer world, and Sephora is listening!! Check out this article that I read today on the subject. Nothing seems more fair and righteous than being able to get an amazing designer product for half the price (ok well maybe a lot of other things but oh well). I can't wait to see how the beauty world evolves and I'm sure you share my enthusiasm!

That's all for today! Stay tuned: tomorrow I review Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation and Pressed Powder!!

Until tomorrow,
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment