Thursday, January 10, 2013

NEW! Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation + Pressed Powder!!

Hello everybody! Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! I absolutely cannot wait for a weekend spent with my wonderful boyfriend, and getting stuff done for The Bullycide Project. I hope you're taking full advantage of your upcoming weekend as well!

I'm super excited about this blog post today, because it kicks off a long series of reviews for New Drugstore Products!! There is a ton of new things coming out for 2013, and you better believe I've been snatching them up. Today I will be talking about the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and Pressed Powder...what did I think??




I was excited to try this because I have yet to find a drugstore foundation that I really love, but I was also a little wary because I am so loyal and in love with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation.

Here's what my face looks like without Revlon Nearly Naked (ugh it's so difficult for me to post this...just keep in mind that this was around 7 this morning):

Here's what I look like with Revlon Nearly Naked:

As you can see in the first picture I have some red patches and some freckles...and the foundation evens out my skin pretty well!! It feels very light on the skin and almost gives your skin a kind of dewy finish. You can see that detail in the following pictures:


In the second picture, can you see how my hand kind of has a pearly sheen to it? I really like this about the foundation because it really brightens up my face and makes me look awake.

The powder is an amazing quality for a drugstore brand. It's so buttery soft and smooth:

The powder takes away a little bit of that pearly sheen, but not all of it, and it really does a great job keeping the foundation in place. I didn't use a face primer at any time while using this, and my makeup stayed put through my nine hour work days.

Overall I was extremely impressed with both the foundation and the powder! These products are marketed as "Makeup so refreshingly light it melts right in, creating a fresh, even look. Pressed powder blends seamlessly with a lightweight feel" and I think it does exactly that!! The packaging is great for the powder (not cheap feeling) but I can't say the same for the foundation. I prefer foundation with a squeeze tube so that you can kind of control how much you're getting. Using my fingers gave me too much product, while using a makeup sponge gave me too little. That's the only thing I really don't like about this product!! Also, my shade in the foundation is 160 Fresh Beige and 030 Medium in the powder. There are 15 shades total, but I don't remember seeing that many in the display...there are 5 shades in the powder, but I definitely remember only seeing three. You might have to do some searching or just order online...I believe it's worth it!!

MY GRADE: A-
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores, Target
I got them for $7.49 each at Target, but they might be more expensive at different locations! 

That's all for today folks! Unfortunately, I forgot that I have to head to a wedding tomorrow as soon as I'm out of work, so tomorrow's post will have to be pushed back to Monday...so sorry about that!

I'll leave you with a quote about beauty to fulfill the Justice portion of this post:

"Beauty has a lot to do with character."- Kevyn Aucoin

Remember that always!!

Until Monday,
Elizabeth 












No comments:

Post a Comment