Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Samples, Samples, Samples!!

Happy Hump Day everybody!! I've been up since 3:15 this morning performing for The Bullycide Project, so I hope this post makes sense! I don't know about you, but I would very much like for it to be Friday now.

Today I've got reviews of more samples that I have been trying! I will be reviewing a moisturizer, a hair perfecting glosser, a face mask, and a lip balm. Let's get started!!

Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream



I already described the benefits of this moisturizer in my January Birchbox post that you can read here. I just want to talk about how much I absolutely loved this moisturizer! It is so light on the skin, but so insanely nourishing and moisturizing at the same time. I love the smell; I can't explain it but it kind of smells like a plant-a really nice smelling plant! My skin felt so unbelievably soft after using this, and in the morning it was just as soft. Love love LOVE this! So tempted to buy a full jar!!
MY GRADE: A++
AVAILABLE AT: Sephora, or here
PRICE: $42 for 1.7 oz jar

Liquid Shine Shine Shock Perfecting Glosser



I received this in my Allure Holiday Beauty Box and it's full-size-I just decided to include it in a samples post. I wasn't super sure how I felt about this product at first because it didn't really seem to be doing anything. Then once I stopped using it, I could really tell a difference! Based on their website, this product:
  • Locks in shine, seals split ends and adds extreme gleam for truly dazzling results.
  • Delivers exquisite shine while illuminating multi-dimensional tones.
  • Super-light formula instantly smooths down flyaways and glosses away imperfections.
  • Illuminates the multi-dimensional brown tones that makes brown hair so unique
It definitely sealed my split ends and made my hair look insanely smooth, my hair did look glossier, not sure it really tamed any flyaways, and it definitely made my hair tone look brighter!! It's extremely easy to use, and it works. What more can you ask for??
MY GRADE: A
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores, Target, Wal-Mart
PRICE: Around $7

Que Bella Deep Cleansing Aloe Vera Mask 



 I have seen these at my local Target for awhile now, and when I noticed that they were only $2/each, I bought all six varieties that they had (oops). First of all, I think the packaging is so cute; every different variety is a different color and the girl is always wearing the mask and how it should appear to look. I chose to try this particular mask first, because I have been trying a lot of products out on my skin so I wanted to purge all the build-up in my pores away! Here's what it looked like on my face:
Real cute I know
Pretty much clear and didn't feel too heavy on my skin. Here's what it looked like after I waited the 15 minutes that the directions recommended:
Gross I know
It definitely dried on my face way more than I thought it would. My face felt really tight and I actually couldn't wait to wash it off. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though; it is a deep cleansing mask so it's stripping your face of oils which obviously makes it very dry. My face didn't feel super dry after washing it off, but I applied moisturizer just in case. I'm not sure if I would buy this specific mask again, but I have heard good things about the brand so I'm excited to try the others! I'll be trying one a week, so keep an eye out for more reviews!
MY GRADE: B- (just for this particular mask)
AVAILABLE AT: I've only ever seen them in my local Target store on Lapeer Rd in Flint
PRICE: Around $2

Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm in Healthy Blush







This is another product that I received in my Allure Holiday Beauty Box-full size! I've never really tried any Neutrogena lip products so I was excited to see how this worked! I forgot to get a picture of this on my lips, but wow I love it!! It's just as moisturizing as the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments that I've raved about, and for half the price!! I really love the color too-gives you a nice natural glow. Here's what Neutrogena is saying about it:
Revitalizing Lip Balm SPF 20 helps make lips softer, rosier and healthier-looking, even after you take it off! This sheer tinted balm with exclusive ion2complex™ instantly moisturizes lips, leaving them looking fuller and more defined. In just one week, it helps improve lips' texture and restores the look of rosiness. SPF 20 helps protect lips and keeps them looking healthy.
I'll have to see how my lips look after one week of using it, but just based on a few tries, I will definitely buy more shades!!
MY GRADE: A
AVAILABLE AT: Drugstores, Target
PRICE: Around $9
6 SHADES

That about sums it up! I'm running out of time to do a full Justice section, so I will leave you with an inspiring quote that I love:

"Whatever you are, be a good one."- Abraham Lincoln 

See you soon!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment